| Speaking Engagements
David McKillop will customize an address to suit your needs or conference theme. He includes anecdotes from the classroom, humour, and song to reinforce his power-packed messages about teaching and learning mathematics for students to be successful in the 21st century.
Some previous speaking engagements:
- Numeracy Institute, Chattanooga, Tennessee in May 2008: Keynote – Some Best Practices in Teaching Mathematics for Understanding
- Invited Dawson Lecturer by Little White Schoolhouse Museum Society, Truro, Nova Scotia, November 2007: Mathematics Teaching: Meeting the Challenges of the 21st Century
- PETA (Primary Elementary Teachers Association), Cole Harbour, Nova Scotia on October 23, 2007: Keynote – Listening to Students and Understanding What They Say: The Key to Success in Teaching Mathematics
- Northwest Mathematics Conference (Math in Bloom), Victoria, British Columbia, October 2006: Keynote – Our Goal: To Coax the Math to Bloom
- GE Foundation Science and Math Conference, Orlando, Florida, July 2005: Mathematical Literacy
- NCTM Annual Meeting, Anaheim, California, April 2004: Mind Your Language, It’s Math Class!
- NCTM Canadian Regional Conference (The Joy of Learning Mathematics), Montreal, Quebec, August 2002: Keynote – JTM = JLM: Joy of Teaching Math = Joy of Learning Math
- OAME (Ontario Association of Mathematics Educators) Conference, Barrie, Ontario, May 2002: Keynote –